Ready to touch lives, make impact and tour Africa at the same time?
We can’t wait to have you on board. Just make sure you meet the qualifications stipulated below.
Programme Eligibility Requirements
To partake in any of our volunteerism programmes, you need to meet the requirements below:
- Minimum Age: 18 Years Old.
- In order to join any of our volunteerism programmes, you need to be at least 18 years old on the starting date of the volunteerism programme you are interested in.
- If by then you are still less than 18 years old, then you will have to present a written consent letter by your legal guardian(s) or get a permission note from your department at your university (if you are a university student). If that doesn’t work for you, you can always come back to volunteer once you are 18 years or older.
- As volunteers will be working with young children (especially, the education-related ones), and will have an important impact on their education and lives, the minimum age is a way to secure the emotional maturity and sense of duty that is necessary to fulfil the tasks properly.
- Language Skills:
You need to speak English (intermediate level).
- Police Reports:
- Criminal Background Check.
- Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Required Documents:
- Resume/CV with relevant certifications.
- A copy of your passport.
- Time Commitment:
Your helping hand will be required five (5) days in a week (Monday to Friday), from 08:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Saturday is for social activities, networking and volunteerism trainings at our Volunteers House.
- Sundays are your free days. You can choose to travel the country during the weekends or even explore nearby attractions during the weekdays; exploring Ghana’s rich history and culture as well as Ghana’s small rural towns and villages.
- Nationality Restrictions:
No restrictions. Helping hands from all over the world are welcome.
- Travel Insurance:
Not compulsory, but recommended.
NB: All documents and reports are supposed to be presented to your Country Co-Ordinator before departure. After your online registration, we will contact you and tell you when to submit them.
Physical, Medical And Mental Fitness
You should also be physically fit, as volunteering overseas can be quite strenuous. If you have any medical/mental health conditions that may affect your participation overseas, then they must be declared to us during your online registration.